Are you a pooch-loving fan of The Terminator looking for a name for your new dog? You came to the right place. (I can’t say Terminator without an Austrian accent.)
If you just got a pup or already have one, there is an excellent chance that you’re going to survive Judgement Day and the Skynet apocalypse–if something like that should actually ever happen.
Since dogs are able to sniff out infiltrator units, they’ll be highly-regarded, important keys to human survival. Hey, they kinda already are, but even more so in the future.
Thank goodness Sarah Connor had the foresight to bring Max the German Shepherd with her. Without dogs, I’m afraid to even think about the fate of the human race.
Here’s a collection of awesome dog names inspired by The Terminator series that might be perfect for your cyborg-hunting pooch.
Dog Names Inspired By The Terminator Series:
- Sarah–Full name: Sarah Connor, mother of John Connor. Favorite quote: “I was dreaming about dogs.”
- Reese–Full name Kyle Reese, father of John Connor. Favorite quote: “Cyborgs don’t feel pain, I do. Don’t do that again.”
- Connor–Full name: John Connor, leader of the Resistance against the Skynet machines and savior of the human race.
- Terminator (Nate for short)–A cyborg encased in living tissue, sent back in time to assassinate Sarah Connor. You could even call your puppy Nate for short. Favorite quote: “I’m a friend of Sarah Connor. I was told she was here. Could I see her please?”
- Max–Sarah’s dog
- Miles—Full name: Miles Dyson. Favorite quote: “You’re judging me on things I haven’t even done yet.”
- Matt–Ginger’s boyfriend. Favorite quote: “First I’m going to rip the buttons off your blouse, one by one.”
- Ginger–Sarah Connor’s roommate. Favorite quote: “Machines need love too.”
- Kyle–Full name: Kyle Reese
- Pugsley–Sarah’s pet iguana
- Tarissa–Full name: Tarissa Dyson, from T2: Judgement Day
- Betsy–From Terminator Rise of the Machines (2003)
- Matias–From Terminator Genisys (2015)
- Star–From Terminator Salvation (2009)
- Marcus–From Terminator Salvation (2009)
If you’ve seen The Terminator, then I’m sure you understand how important dogs are to the future of humankind. I seriously hope that Artificial Intelligence will never “get smart,” but you never know.
I actually have a dog named Sara. She is going to be my Terminator sniffer if I should ever need one.
You may also like: Dog Names Inspired By HBO Series ‘Game Of Thrones’ [NO SPOILERS]
Watch The Terminator With Your Best Furry Friend
If you have never seen any of the movies in this series, I strongly recommend The Terminator(1984) and Terminator 2: Judgement Day (1991). Rent or buy them and curl up with your Terminator sniffer on the couch for a snuggly movie binge.
Invite some friends over, but if your dog barks at any of them, there is a chance that your friend is an infiltrator. If that is the case, grab your dog and some bottles of water and run!
Oh, and good news, Terminator fans! There is a new installment in the franchise coming to theaters in November 2019.